Miami-Dade Mayor, Daniella Levine Cava, and District 2 Commissioner, Jean Monestime, have just launched the BIzUp Grant program and invite Miami-Dade County businesses to apply to a pitch competition for a chance to win one of several $50,000 grants, and a top grant valued at $100,000, including 12 months of technical assistance from StartUp FIU.
Applications are now open, and participants are required to submit a five-minute pre-recorded pitch along with their W-9. The top 15 finalists will pitch to a panel of investors and industry experts in person on Sept. 15-16th and Oct 19-20.
The deadline to apply is Friday, August 28th.
To qualify, businesses must:
- Be registered within Miami-Dade County
- Have a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 5 years in business in Miami-Dade County
- Have a minimum of 51% ownership living in Miami-Dade
- Have a positive community impact that aligns with Mayor Cava’s “Four E’s”: Equity, Engagement, Environment and Economy.
- Be in of the following industries: Tech Companies, Construction, Food & Beverage, Retail & Wholesale, Service Providers
One Grant Awardee will receive $100K, and six businesses will receive $50K each.
For more information on BizUp, click here.
To download the BizUp flyer, click here.
To apply now, click here.